Saturday, April 5, 2014

The most beautiful place in the world

Of course, Mom blames me for the wrong turn. She'll never know there is no such thing as a wrong turn. Her kind never do. Trashley just whined as usual. What kind of a beach is this? I'm not walking out there. It's all rocks. They're getting in my shoes. Whine, whine, whine. You should have heard her whine when we finally got to Forks. LOL 

That's OK. I'm coming back. I'm going to live here for the rest of my life. I'm counting the months now. No, the weeks. And right now I'm the only one who knows. I'll make a little house of all that wood on the beach. There's an Indian reservation down at the end of that other road. I'll go live with them. I have Indian in me, probably a lot more than they say.

I'm leaving a space where I can tape in the photo. I wish I could have gotten a picture of the eagle but there will be a lot more. I just know these things somehow.




4 comments:

  1. So, I just happened upon this blog (Thanks Donna Barr!) But wait, there are no 'just happenings' are there... Please accept my apologies at this moment in time, as I will be reading every post on this Sunday afternoon and making occasional comments. Which will look like I'm some sort of weirdo commenting on posts that are a couple years old.. maybe, like happenings, there aren't any weirdos either, just people being whomever they are at that moment?? I've a lot to learn. I need to take a walk on those lovely beaches that seem to be calling my name and do some primal screaming in the rain ;) -- All of that, just to say, I too hear myself saying, 'I'm coming back here and I'm gonna live here the rest of my life'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, actually after a two year hiatus, the storyline picked up a couple months ago and is continuing. Donna Barr and i are alternating episodes, as the story unfolds, and just a few weeks ago, we picked up a new contributor, Gabby Kauffman. My episodes are in the typewriter font and Donna's are the serif and italic. Our names are attached, too. In 2014 i had to stop temporarily due to a fulltime job and taking care of people. I retired last year but life got in the way. I am the next person due to continue the story but now a week behind. I am in California taking care of my mother with Alzheimers and it is proving to be more difficult than i planned so i may have to wait until i get home Wednesday. In the meantime, enjoy. We are having good fun with this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roberta, my heart goes out to you and your mother. Rough times...
    It certainly looks like you three are having fun! Intriguing story line and what a great way to share your unique writing styles! I look forward to further installments! Safe travels...

    ReplyDelete